When my two kids got married just 3 months apart, they both wanted some custom pieces made for their wedding. My husband and I decided it would be fun and we could do it. The pieces turned out lovely and were just what both of our kids wanted. But when the weddings were over, we were essentially stuck with large items that could really only be used for weddings or events. They weren’t pieces that could be put in a house or yard afterwards and we were left wondering what to do with them?
We could have sold them and been done with the whole thing but then the person who would be buying them would end up in the same place we were currently; needing to get rid of these large items. The thought occurred to me that many brides and grooms would love these pieces but didn’t necessarily need to keep them afterwards, and thus Unique Design Rentals was born.
Here are some great advantages to renting pieces for your wedding vs. buying or making them yourself:
- We create, deliver and pick up your pieces – all you have to do is pick out what you love, and we’ll do the rest!
- Cost effective – You won’t spend nearly as much money on purchasing custom pieces as you will renting them
- Time – If you are considering making your own items, think about how much it will cost and how much time it will take to cut, sand, stain, personalize, etc. (Time is precious!)
- Stress – We make it easy!
- After the wedding – You don’t have to worry about moving, storing or selling your item and you can enjoy being a newlywed!
- Storing and Moving – Do you have room for wedding arches and custom-built coolers where you live? And do you have a vehicle that can transport it safely? Rental companies have both, plus professionals who will take care of the pieces, so they stay in great condition
- Trends and Styles – Most wedding professionals will follow trends and current styles, taking the long hours of Pinterest and Instagram planning out of the equation for you.
- Versatility – Many companies will have pieces that will work for many different styles. Take for instance our White Collection; these are perfect for rustic, chic, boho and vintage looks, and a variety of other looks that you may be interested in. We also offer a Barnwood Collection, Rustic Collection and an Espresso Collection and are working on adding new looks to our inventory!
So if you are interested in adding something special to your wedding day or your event, consider first if someone else can offer it to you. Check out our inventory online to see what might be right for your Big Day!